Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Staarrrlllaahhhhhhhhhhh

I had two dreams last night, both of which stayed with me all day. The first was shorter but the time lapse was longer. I was in a house with a friend of mine. The house was a guest house that belonged to her mother, and a guest was staying at it. We were staying there as well, but we weren't to disturb the guest. The guest, as it turned out, was Albert Camus. Somehow I ended up sneaking out of the room we were staying at and befriending him. As it turned out, another person was staying at the house as well. This person was Daniel Quinn. The three of us stayed up all night, drinking a lot of whiskey, and talking about the existential issues I have been having. There was also peanut butter cheesecake to eat. I remember the setting of this dream very vividly. I do not remember anything that we actually spoke of. I remember the looks on their faces as they spoke. This is very odd to me, because I don't know what Albert Camus looks like. The second dream took place at my parent's house in Brick, NJ. I had friends visiting there, friends that have children. We were on the dock, and my bad tooth fell out. This is a normal occurrence in my dreams. This time was different in that due to my missing tooth I was able to pull back my skin from my face and my gums from my teeth. I did this while looking in the mirror and saw that my entire skull was covered with tar. Tar from smoking. I spent the rest of the dream trying to pick the tar off my skin with a toothpick and wipe it off. I remember only having soap and nothing else, so the tar was very hard to get off my skull.

I almost called out of work this morning. Mike suggested I take a shower and see how I felt after that. I felt better, so I went in. When I left James was sitting on the couch in his pajamas watching a tv show about house cats, taking tea and giggling uncontrollably. I think he hadn't gotten much sleep last night; he was still in the light blue pajama pants I had bought him for his birthday.I had a BLT for lunch and some smoked Gouda and red pepper soup. I didn't finish all of it. I left early to go to the doctor. I got there late. I was in the waiting room for an hour and a half. The doctor didn't tell me anything I wanted to hear and sent me away with two prescriptions. I went to KMart to look for shoes to wear to the gym. I didn't find any sneakers in my size. I bought other items I needed instead. After that I went to the grocery store and bought noodles, hot dogs and fruit. Ice cream was buy one get one free, so I bought that as well. I came home and ate Disney Princess shaped spaghetti-o's and watched James on You Tube. I left the ketchup out all night by mistake.

No comments: